zondag 24 juli 2011

Pastel Shatter Mani

Last week, I decided to try a pastel rainbow manicure, using various summery budget polishes. After about four days, I became tired with the look (and the small chip that had appeared on my right index finger), and then this happened:


Pastel Black Shatter Mani (further description below), indirect sunlight

Close Up of the Shatter effect




This is what was on my nails (on both hands):
Thumb: Catrice Sweets For My Sweets (3 coats)
Index: Essence Makes Me Weak (2 coats)
Middle: Catrice Bye, Bye Birdy (2 coats)
Ring: Essence LE You Rock Speed Of Light Blue (2 coats)
Pinky: Essence Dress For A Moment (2 coats)


Blossom and I have some issues with Sweets For My Sweets, as ours seem to have a slightly different color -- hers is darker than mine, and mine (which is an old purchase) seems more Barbie pink. Nevertheless, I'm crazy about these budget pastels (which range from €1,29 to €2,49).


We decided a couple of months ago to invest in OPI Black Shatter, priced at €13,95 here in The Netherlands, and although I am still not 100% sure on my feelings about the look, I can't help but smile about all the comments I get from people thinking that my nails are either stickers or drawn on. However, as I'm a perfectionist, the fact that the crackle isn't identical on each nail still bothers me (which is why I'm currently sporting a different mani). The image above shows the difference in applying Black Shatter thickly (thumb -- middle) or thinly (ring -- pinky). This wasn't on purpose at all... I just always have to get used to applying thick coats!


XOXO
Sapphyre

2 opmerkingen: