dinsdag 26 juli 2011

Sally Hansen Ultra HD 'Laser'

Today I get to show you one of my newest conquests: my aunt brought me two Sally Hansen's from the US, and I was mesmerized by this baby below:

Sally Hansen Ultra HD Laser (3 coats), indirect sunlight

Close up of Laser under indirect sunlight

Close up of Laser under indoor lighting to show the purple glow


This is Laser, part of Sally Hansen's Ultra HD line, which basically means that it's jam-packed with really fine glitter, giving the polish its depth (unfortunately, this is not translated onto camera well...). While I'm typing this, I'm constantly watching my nails change color from dark blue to shiny purple. It's not what I would call a duochrome at all; rather it's the glitter that gives Laser its fantastic appearance.

Because it seems a bit like a glass fleck polish, I should note that it does not become opaque quickly; in the pictures above I am wearing 3 thin coats, but in the wrong lighting I can still spot some VNL (visible nail line).

Although I am not a fan of this kind of blue generally (prefer lighter/darker hues), I think the 'HD' in this polish does make it special :) I think this line is not on sale in The Netherlands, but it should be around $5,50 in the USA -- or on eBay ;)

1 opmerking: