vrijdag 5 augustus 2011

Friday Favorites: Mean Girls



Today, we want to talk about our favorite movie: Mean Girls. This is such a classic, as a girl you must have seen it, otherwise you're not fetch. Reasons we love this movie:
- Well-written storyline
- The humor
- The characters
- The iconic quotes


With these things above, we actually said enough about it. It's just in one word: flawless. And we all know flawless teengirl/chick flick movies are rare, because there aren't a lot of those films which features all the things above, and most of them are too much of a cliché to be (at least a bit) believable. The fabulous Tina Fey wrote it, and also starred as Ms. Norbury, the math teacher. Nowadays, she is world famous for creating (and starring in) 30 Rock, as well as being a writer and star on Saturday Night Live for many years (which for some reason is still not being aired in the Netherlands. Hello, cable companies, don't you want more money? Tons of people would watch this show). Her witty writing and her understanding of teenage girls led to the creation of a realistic (and shocking, if you're a boy) storyline of how girls treat each other.


We would like to show you our favorite quotes:

Cady
:
- "Yeah, everyone in Africa can read Swedish." 
- "Grool... I meant to say cool and then I started to say great."


Regina:
- "Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!"
- "Boo, you whore."
- "Is butter a carb?"
- "Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

- "I know, right?"
- "Shut up."



Gretchen:- "That is so fetch!"
- "Oh my God, Karen... You can't just ask people why they're white."
- "I'm sorry that people are so jealous of me. But I can't help it that I'm popular!"
- "Irregardless, ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean that's just like, the rules of feminism!"


Karen:
- "On Wednesdays we wear pink."
- "So if you're from Africa... Why are you white?"
- "I'm kind of psychic...I have a fifth sense!"
- "It's like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it's going to rain."
- "I'm a mouse, duh."


Janis:
- "You smell like a baby prostitute."
- "And this is Damian. He's almost too gay to function."
- "Wow, Damian, you've truly out-gayed yourself."
- "And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Ah, now don't be fooled... 'Cause she may seem like your typical, selfish, back-stabbing, slut-faced, ho-bag; but in reality, she is so much more than that."

Damian:
- "Glen Coco? Four for you Glen Coco! You go Glen Coco!"
- "I want my pink shirt back! I WANT MY PINK SHIRT BACK!"
- "That's why her hair's so big, it's full of secrets!" (about Gretchen)

Coach Carr:
- "Don't have sex. Because you will get pregnant. And die. Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up... Just don't do it. Promise? Okay everybody grab some rubbers!"

And finally, two golden pieces of dialogue:

Girl: "I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and and we'd all eat and be happy..."
Damien: "She doesn't even go here!"
Ms. Norbury: "Do you even go to this school?"
Girl
: "No...I just have a lot of feelings..."

Janis: "Regina George... How do I begin to explain Regina George?"
Emma Gerber: "Regina George is flawless."
Lea Edwards: "She has two Fendi purses and a silver Lexus."
Mathlete: "I hear her hair's insured for $10,000."
Amber D'Alessio: "I hear she does car commercials... in Japan."
Kristen Hadley: "Her favorite movie is Varsity Blues."
Girl: "One time she met John Stamos on a plane."
Jessica Lopez: "...and he told her she was pretty."
Bethany Byrd: "One time she punched me in the face... it was awesome."


Everybody who's seen the movie, must have recognized these quotes. A lot of these one-liners are still used in the daily life, just because the movie is so famous and iconic ('You go Glen Coco,' for instance, has become an important part of online-speak)!
Every teen (including boys in our opinion; we know of many who've enjoyed the film) should see this movie at least once in their lives. So if you haven't watched it yet, WATCH IT!
But if you have already seen Mean Girls, tell us how many times so far? And what are your favorite quotes?


XOXO
Sapphyre and Blossom


Disclaimer: GIFs are NOT OURS! But they are fabulous and will illustrate any point you make -- especially the 'Shut up'-one.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten