maandag 1 augustus 2011

Random blogpost: Glitter!

As you may guess from our name, everything sparkly, glittery, or shiny captures our attention almost immediately. Needless to say, we also love glitter polishes like crazy. I am a huge fan of OPI glitter polishes in particular, which they traditionally bring out at Christmas. It still pains me to say I didn't buy Mad As A Hatter when I had the chance, and it still is the one polish I really desire (I've tried to find dupes, but unfortunately Funky Fingers Icicle Lights was no match... not special enough). When the Burlesque collection came, though, I swiftly sweeped up my favorites, which are Bring on the Bling, Sparkle-iscious, and Simmer and Shimmer (all of which you'll probably see come by in future NOTDs).

You may ask why I am rambling on about glitter like this, but trust me, I am all leading you to something great: for the upcoming Christmas collection, OPI has teamed up with the Muppets! First of all, I love the Muppets on their own, especially the Ma-nah Ma-nah song, but their wild colours are sure to make for an awesome collection. Although only official pictures have been released so far, here's what I can show you:

This promotional Lena White (UK distributor) poster shows us all great 12 colors (plus shatter); I will definitely be going for Rainbow Connection (though I hope it's not a Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday/Milani Gems dupe, as I went through a lot of trouble to get the latter), and probably also Divine Swine, Excuse Moi!, and Gettin' Miss Piggy With It!

Another nail blogger, Short Wide Nails, has an image of all of the colors, swatched:
Not our image; source: Short Wide Nails
This collection looks really great (although I never get the six 'boring,' safe colors that OPI puts in... Don't they have enough reds by now?), and I can't wait for it to hit the shelves! It'll probably be out around October in the USA, with Europe usually not far behind.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten